Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

11 races Wagga Friday 26/2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11 races Wagga Friday 26/2
    Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 6:27am
Some thoughts:
R1 12:54pm
Two nice runs and a good draw sees #2 Thylungra Miss well placed in the first. The Cowra trained #5 Miss Bumpers has been backed and beaten in its last three and is a real threat. Two good runs in its last three starts sees the poorly drawn #7 Lombo Nakamura come into consideration.. the mystery horse is the Ray Walker owned/trained driven #8 Doctor Viv. With a 22-0-3-1 record you would wonder what it is doing in the Walker stable where non-performers are given short shrift.it started at cricket score odds at Cranbourne and Warrugal at its last 5 starts prior to spelling in September. Definitely one to watch.
On exposed form...
#2 Thylungra Miss from #5 Miss Bumpers and #7 Lombo Nakamura with #8 thrown into exotics.

R2 1:29
Two Year old race with 3 first starters and 2 one start horses. None of their mothers have thrown anything to speak of but the Favourite's (#8 Modern Slippa) mother Golden Slippa won some nice races.
Golden Slippa has run 1st(Leeton), 3rd (Menangle) and 2nd (Albury) at its only three starts..Locked wheels and raced roughly at Albury to go down by a whisker and will be a warm favourite here.
#7 Modern Slippa from #6  Seven Dreams and #1 Art Mary.

R3   2:04
#5 Blissfulicious has put in a couple of good runs of late at Canberra and Young. #6 Keirabet was backed last start at Leeton after some pretty ordinary prior form and wasn't disgraced. #7 Drews Boy has only had 2 starts and his debut 2nd was was pretty good after coming out of the 7 hole. #9 Lombo Mr Tibbs accounted well for himself at his only start when sitting 3 wide and running 3rd at Leeton. Has to be given some hope despite Second Line draw. #10 Skirnir is to be driven by leading Driver David Druitt. She has been racing at Moonee Valley and Globe Derby without doing much. She appreciated the drop in class when beaten less than 5 metres after a very tough run from the 5 at Wagga a few weeks ago. A definite chance.
#10 Skirnir from #5 Blissfulicious  and #9 Lombo Mr Tibbs

R4  2:39
Not a bad run at #2 Panorama Madi's only start to run 3rd at Leeton. #4 Hezanoperative ran a distant 3rd at Albury last start but his prior form was nothing to write home about. Still a maiden after 15 starts. #5 Johanna Mary Brown ran well early in the year at Wagga and Canberra. Her last two starts have been ordinary.. #7 Dads Babe has run a couple of placings but doesn't enthuse me. #8 Sunlit Plains is the horse to beat. Four 2nds at his only four runs suggests that its his turn here. #10 Hopper Express has run a couple of nice 4ths of late with the last run at Young being a good one after a number of hardships.
#8 Sunlit Plains from #4 Hezanoperative and  #10 Hopper Express

R5  3:14
#1 Spinalong had to withdraw fro his last race but ran a nice 2nd two starts back. Has shown some gate speed so the 1 should suit. #3 Gloria Ella is having only its second start. The Ray Walker trained and driven filly ran 4th at Young at its only start after being checked, racing roughly, sitting three wide mid-race and outside the leader for the last lap. a Huge run first up from a very strong stable. A real threat if she runs up to that.  #5 Thatsnotmyname has put in good runs at her last three starts and despite the poor draw should figure in the finish. #8 Too Precious is owned by myself and a heap of mates. Showed promise in her first three stars. Two start since a spell have been disappointing but a short let up and changes in training may see a different Too Precious here. Shame about the Second Line draw. Hope the 1 and 2 get away well.
#3 Gloria Ella from #5 Thatsnotmyname and #8 Too Precious

R6    3:53
#4 Lombo Electron wasn't beaten far at Cobram last start. #6 Bella Vista Drive has been racing in Western Victoria and hasn't been disgraced. #7 Midnight Beauty has run a couple of nice seconds of late and wasn't disgraced off the Second Line last start. A win for #8 Kirra Beach at Albury two starts back gives her some hope. While #9 Curly Shannon has only won 3 of his 71 starts his last two starts resulted ina 2nd and 3rd at Young off the Front Line.#10 Easy Company has been racing in Victoria including a fair effort at Tabcorp Park three stars back followed by a slow win at Albury. A handy 3rd at Shepparton sees him right in this.
#6 Bella Vista Drive from#10 Easy Company and #7 Midnight Beauty and #4 Lombo Electron for First Fours.
rest to follow.

The Dude Abides
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 8:37am
R7    4:33
#5 Glad You Are Here has mixed its form of late but might figure in the finish with the right run. #6 La Litote has bben consistent but the draw doesn't help. #7 Official Sign ran a couple of nice seconds recently and is a definite chance in a weak race despite the ordinary draw. Strong run at Bulli last start sees #8 Casanova Prince come into contention. #9 Fairly Misty won at Albury last start.. #10 Noshuhare is the testing material in this. Forget last run and go on win and placings at previous starts.
#10 Noshuhare from #8 Casanova Prince and #6 La Litote

Race 8  5:13
 Nice win at Parkes three starts back brings #1 So They Tell Me right into this from the Pole. #2 Nyleeta showed gate speed in her 4th at Young last start and will vie for the lead. #3 Spring Loaded has been palced at his last two Waqga starts and is drawn to feature again. Poorly drawn #6 Alive In New York has racked up three reasonable efforts at its last three runs so win't be far away. #10 Alotoftrouble has been racing well of late and wasn't beaten far for a 3rd at Cobram last start.
#10 Alotoftrouble from #1 So They Tell Me and #3 Spring Loaded.

R9  5:53
Forget a grief filled trip last start and look at #2 Arizona Magic's win at Mildura the start before combined with today's good draw and you would have to give her a chance here. #3 Nates River has won 3 of his last 4 and from the 3 with Ray Walker in the gig it will start short and go very close. #5 Brazilian has been runner up in his last two both from the 2 gate. Will need luck here but might fill a place. #6 Carcoar has run 2nd at two of his last three starts at Wagga but I find him hard to catch and the 6 gate doesn't help. #7 Alladan may fill a place. #8 Bindaview has been racing well of late but Second Row doesn't enthuse me. #9 Lively Siesta won at good prices 4 and 5 starts back but has been disappointing of late.A slow win at Wagga three starts back and a fair second at Leeton 2 starts back sees #10 Sarahs Jasper given some chance.
#3 Nates River from #2 Arizona Magic and # 9 Lively Siesta

R10  6:20
The Pole Position and a nice win at Canberra at odds brings #1 Jessica Cloud into contention. Second up from a spell #2 Rama On Ice has the draw and the class to have a big say in the result of this race. A tough run first up at Canberra as Favourite for a game 2.5 metre second brings her right into this. #3 Rescue Package has ability but I find him hard to catch. A win at Echuca in April last year and a fair placing at Albury third run from a spell sees #4 Regalramapleasure give a place chance here. #7 Denny's Laughter raced well at Cobram and Echuca recently but was outclassed at Tabcorp Park. Disappointing lasr at Albury doesn't help. Canberra raider #8 Lord Eros has won 4 of his 10 starts at Wagga and was racing well enough to be taken to Newcastle recently for a shot at better races than this. Mixes his form but has to be given a chance here. #10 Ariah Prince is the form horse in this race. Two wins, a 4th and a 2nd at his last 4 sees him in this up to his eras. Second Line is of some concern but he will definitely test them.
#2 Rama On Ice from #10 Ariah Prince and #8 Lord Eros

R11   6:50
The fast class race of the day. Best draw for a long time for #1 Starbyebye but as an Emergency may not get a start. If he does could be worth throwing into exotics. #2 Never Walk Alone won at Bulli last star with a slow sectional. Is drawn well and has been in good form with 9 wins this prep. #3 Jesse Leon has been racing well but hasn't been able to get the better of today's opponent Scooting Armbro. Doubt if he will overcome that hoodoo here. #4 Holmencontents races well at Wagga but is first up since October and amy need the run. #5 And May I Say has been in great form locally. Won 4 from 6 here and will start close to favourite. Good win at Young by #6 Stormy Warrior at his last start brings him into consideration here but the 6 gate doesn't help. #7 Upward Ever Upward is first up since October. He's won 14 races here and has a touch of class. The 7 isn't ideal but with a nice run he will be in the firing line when the whips are cracking. #8 Quick Armbro has been in great form locally. Will go close to starting as Favourite. #9 King Caesar has been racing the likes of Coastal and The Lightning Ridge in Victoria of late. Wasn't disgarced going down by 5 metres to the former at Tabcorp Park last start. Right in this. #10 The Scorpion King has been racing the likes of Karloo Mick and Genuwine  at Harold park and Menagle. Won't be far away.
#10 The Scorpion King from #8 Quick Armbro and #9 King Caesar and #2 Never Walk Alone as well as #7 Upward Ever Upward in exotics.  A tough race.

Good Luck

The Dude Abides
Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 4:55am

OK –I skim through the fields and am ecstatic at getting to watch 11 races from Wagga. I see Micks preview and lightly skim through it. The anticipation builds and I decide I will do my own preview. I notice the usual 2 Graduation races (1 and 4) and decide I will not bother reading the form for these R0s. I have a connection to the Jerrick stable and happily do race two – although 99% of punter wouldn’t give a flying fuc l< about a 7horse 2yo with 3 first starters and common knowledge that one of the started brigade had already proven he is lengths ahead of the rest of the started brigade. I then read the form for the 3rd race, a non win 3yo. What a joke that is – they cant break 2.05, never have and never will – except for two (one of those is surely on a performance enhancer drug) and maybe two others with a soft run. Race 5, another non win 3yo isn’t much better – I didn’t really bother going into the form in any depth here – this bunch has lowered from 2.05 to 2.04. Ray Walker should win by a bit from the five. Best of luck with Too Precious – on her 2yo form she is a definite pick for 3rd but the last two starts were a bit disappointing.  Race 6 and 7 are C0s so I looked at the number form and not much their – the best are drawn out the back because the race conditions are $$$ last 4 starts and they only won that cash because they had cruisy draws against even weaker competition – you could not back any of them with confidence. Now we get to race 8 and my eyes light up at a R1-R3 even though I am thinking “hey theres only supposed to be 2 Graduation races”. But then I see the conditions of less than $2000 earnt in last 4 starts. Now if im over my outrage at how gelati the meeting is and decide to throw some money to the TAB I will back Nyleeta. The driver has already cost the horse at least 5 races and if he doesn’t lead here I will personally lodge a protest with the stewards. Barcelona Jack has a prick of a draw but is better than these by a country mile. Alotoftrouble for 3rd. Race 9 and any minor little thing will set me of my nut. But wait its all happy go larry a C1-C2 PBD/C that’s fair enough – even if is over a mile L. Im guessing Nates River will start favourite but it hasn’t been beating much – I reckon the ones of the back line can give it a shake even if they haven’t proven they can do any work in their race. Im going to go Bindaview but also expect Sarahs Jasper to give it a big shake. Carcoar is next best and if Brazilian can find himself an easy run he might get up there. Anything $8 over for Bindaview and the TAB will get me hook line and sinker. The last two races are AWESOME 10/10 for these two races. Race 9 and I will be brave and say Jamie Hogan to possible get his first race to race double, Jessica Cloud to win! Rama On Ice is a classy mare and will be hard to beat. Ariah Prince goes good but has a bad draw so willing to risk. Any roughys to run a place include Regalramapleasure and Lord Eros but the dist and draw worries me. How good is this last race – absolute shemozzle it is the last on the program.

Finally

Wagga’s 11 race meeting should have been:

One half decent C0. – This open the quaddie and daily double in race 4.

C1/C3 PBD 2165m. – This be race 7 and end the quaddie and meeting.

The C2/C3 (maybe even relegate a couple from race 10 to race9 and throw in any C4s that nominated for this meeting) – this be race 6

The 2yo – This be race 3.

The C5 or better – this be race 5

One not as gelati C0 – this be Race 1.

One not as gelati 3yo – This be race 2.

Gaps should have been 20minutes between races instead of 40minutes which is a fuc l< ing joke and I am sick of it.

And we should also have the local under 13 rep cricket side bowling to Dave Warner inside the greyhound track, and the local under 14 rep cricket side bowling to Shane Watson on the soccer oval inside the track!!!! While we are at we will fly in any of the much maligned channel 9 commentary team to replace Allan Hull – surely they could do a better job.

Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:00am
Fella, bold type suggests you're yelling.

Quite apart from denigrating country racing.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

Fella, bold type suggests you're yelling.  Quite apart from denigrating country racing.

Ad harness racing in particular.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:03am
For the 40horses that lose a run with the 4 less races im sure 30 of them could go to Temora on Sat night and bolster their program. If it isnt worth travelling to Temora, then maybe it might be worth going to the glue factory mwahahaha
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 5:05am

I know Runfer it defaulted in my Microsoft Word document and I was too lazy to change it whilst typing and then cursed at myself after realising I didnt change it before copy and pasting.

Wagga normally has way better quality meetings than this. Im surprised at how ordinary the meeting is.
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 6:02am
Going to a marginally better meeting on March 7th....InterDominion Final at Menangle...anyone else going?
The Dude Abides
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 6:26am
If the Wagga Club has any seats left on the bus Ive heard they are taking...Ill enquire Friday. How much a ticket if your going on that bus?
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 8:10am
Not on the bus...golf and punting weekend with 3 mates.
The Dude Abides
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 4:11pm
lucky basterd! enjoy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 5:18am
After last nights incessant rant on the negatives of the Wagga meeting on Friday I will announce the many positives to come out of the meeting:

11 races, despite the mediocreness, will bolster the $$$ TAB turnover. At least 80% of punters will get to throw away money into the TAB coffers 11 times instead of 8!

Horses that would otherwise be running in hope of running fourth and getting an extra $50 in prizemoney now have a decent chance of winning or running a place, giving owners excitement and a picture to hang up on the wall.

There is probably going to be some longer odd winners - giving some lucky punters that may have been following one for a while some confidence and joy, owners get a good collect on their own and the lucky basterd in the TAB has a nice story to tell for the weekend. Quaddie (whatever races its on) should pay a lot more than usual.

The conditions on races are giving under performing horses firstly a start, but also an advantage. This means they are kept in training, keeping owners in the game, bolstering race starters allowing turnover and the industry to keep ticking along.

The lower rung animals make us appreciate the upper echelon horses more. Without the Keira Bets and Racemosas of this world we wont appreciate the Nates Rivers and Rama On Ices. Without those two we wont appreciate the Stormy Warriors or Upward Ever Upwards, without those we wont appreciate the Saint William or Esperit De Kayjay, without them we wont appeciate the I Am Sams and Atomic Arks and without them we wont appreciate the Monkey Kings and Blacks A Fakes.

:)

waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:33am
Originally posted by waggamick waggamick wrote:

Some thoughts:
R1 12:54pm
Two nice runs and a good draw sees #2 Thylungra Miss well placed in the first. The Cowra trained #5 Miss Bumpers has been backed and beaten in its last three and is a real threat. Two good runs in its last three starts sees the poorly drawn #7 Lombo Nakamura come into consideration.. the mystery horse is the Ray Walker owned/trained driven #8 Doctor Viv. With a 22-0-3-1 record you would wonder what it is doing in the Walker stable where non-performers are given short shrift.it started at cricket score odds at Cranbourne and Warrugal at its last 5 starts prior to spelling in September. Definitely one to watch.
On exposed form...
#2 Thylungra MissSmileSmileSmile from #5 Miss BumpersSmileSmile and #7 Lombo NakamuraSmile with #8Star thrown into exotics.
WINNER $1.60 TRIFECTA $13.30 in Order and First 4 $77 in Order

R2 1:29
Two Year old race with 3 first starters and 2 one start horses. None of their mothers have thrown anything to speak of but the Favourite's (#8 Modern Slippa) mother Golden Slippa won some nice races.
Golden Slippa has run 1st(Leeton), 3rd (Menangle) and 2nd (Albury) at its only three starts..Locked wheels and raced roughly at Albury to go down by a whisker and will be a warm favourite here.
#7 Modern SlippaSmileSmileSmile from #6  Seven Dreams and #1 Art MarySmile.
WINNER $1.30

R3   2:04
#5 Blissfulicious has put in a couple of good runs of late at Canberra and Young. #6 Keirabet was backed last start at Leeton after some pretty ordinary prior form and wasn't disgraced. #7 Drews Boy has only had 2 starts and his debut 2nd was was pretty good after coming out of the 7 hole. #9 Lombo Mr Tibbs accounted well for himself at his only start when sitting 3 wide and running 3rd at Leeton. Has to be given some hope despite Second Line draw. #10 Skirnir is to be driven by leading Driver David Druitt. She has been racing at Moonee Valley and Globe Derby without doing much. She appreciated the drop in class when beaten less than 5 metres after a very tough run from the 5 at Wagga a few weeks ago. A definite chance.
#10 Skirnir from #5 Blissfulicious  and #9 Lombo Mr TibbsSmileSmileSmile$4.30
Smile
R4  2:39
Not a bad run at #2 Panorama Madi's only start to run 3rd at Leeton. #4 Hezanoperative ran a distant 3rd at Albury last start but his prior form was nothing to write home about. Still a maiden after 15 starts. #5 Johanna Mary Brown ran well early in the year at Wagga and Canberra. Her last two starts have been ordinary.. #7 Dads Babe has run a couple of placings but doesn't enthuse me. #8 Sunlit Plains is the horse to beat. Four 2nds at his only four runs suggests that its his turn here. #10 Hopper Express has run a couple of nice 4ths of late with the last run at Young being a good one after a number of hardships.
#8 Sunlit PlainsSmileSmileSmile from #4 Hezanoperative and  #10 Hopper Express
WINNER $1.30

R5  3:14
#1 Spinalong had to withdraw fro his last race but ran a nice 2nd two starts back. Has shown some gate speed so the 1 should suit. #3 Gloria Ella is having only its second start. The Ray Walker trained and driven filly ran 4th at Young at its only start after being checked, racing roughly, sitting three wide mid-race and outside the leader for the last lap. a Huge run first up from a very strong stable. A real threat if she runs up to that.  #5 Thatsnotmyname has put in good runs at her last three starts and despite the poor draw should figure in the finish. #8 Too Precious is owned by myself and a heap of mates. Showed promise in her first three stars. Two start since a spell have been disappointing but a short let up and changes in training may see a different Too Precious here. Shame about the Second Line draw. Hope the 1 and 2 get away well.
#3 Gloria EllaSmileSmileSmile from #5 ThatsnotmynameSmileSmile and #8 Too Precious
Winnner $2.60  Exacta $5.30

R6    3:53
#4 Lombo Electron wasn't beaten far at Cobram last start. #6 Bella Vista Drive has been racing in Western Victoria and hasn't been disgraced. #7 Midnight Beauty has run a couple of nice seconds of late and wasn't disgraced off the Second Line last start. A win for #8 Kirra Beach at Albury two starts back gives her some hope. While #9 Curly Shannon has only won 3 of his 71 starts his last two starts resulted ina 2nd and 3rd at Young off the Front Line.#10 Easy Company has been racing in Victoria including a fair effort at Tabcorp Park three stars back followed by a slow win at Albury. A handy 3rd at Shepparton sees him right in this.
#6 Bella Vista DriveSmileSmileSmile from#10 Easy CompanySmileSmile and #7 Midnight Beauty and #4 Lombo Electron for First Fours.
rest to follow.
WINNER $3.20 Exacta $9.20

The Dude Abides
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:37am
Originally posted by waggamick waggamick wrote:

R7    4:33
#5 Glad You Are Here has mixed its form of late but might figure in the finish with the right run. #6 La Litote has bben consistent but the draw doesn't help. #7 Official Sign ran a couple of nice seconds recently and is a definite chance in a weak race despite the ordinary draw. Strong run at Bulli last start sees #8 Casanova Prince come into contention. #9 Fairly Misty won at Albury last start.. #10 Noshuhare is the testing material in this. Forget last run and go on win and placings at previous starts.
#10 Noshuhare (Broke Gear) from #8 Casanova PrinceSmileSmileSmile $5.80 and #6 La Litote

Race 8  5:13
 Nice win at Parkes three starts back brings #1 So They Tell Me right into this from the Pole. #2 Nyleeta showed gate speed in her 4th at Young last start and will vie for the lead. #3 Spring Loaded has been palced at his last two Waqga starts and is drawn to feature again. Poorly drawn #6 Alive In New York has racked up three reasonable efforts at its last three runs so win't be far away. #10 Alotoftrouble has been racing well of late and wasn't beaten far for a 3rd at Cobram last start.
#10 AlotoftroubleSmile from #1 So They Tell MeSmileSmile and #3 Spring LoadedSmileSmileSmile.
Boxed Trifecta $233

R9  5:53
Forget a grief filled trip last start and look at #2 Arizona Magic's win at Mildura the start before combined with today's good draw and you would have to give her a chance here. #3 Nates River has won 3 of his last 4 and from the 3 with Ray Walker in the gig it will start short and go very close. #5 Brazilian has been runner up in his last two both from the 2 gate. Will need luck here but might fill a place. #6 Carcoar has run 2nd at two of his last three starts at Wagga but I find him hard to catch and the 6 gate doesn't help. #7 Alladan may fill a place. #8 Bindaview has been racing well of late but Second Row doesn't enthuse me. #9 Lively Siesta won at good prices 4 and 5 starts back but has been disappointing of late.A slow win at Wagga three starts back and a fair second at Leeton 2 starts back sees #10 Sarahs Jasper given some chance.
#3 Nates RiverSmileSmile from #2 Arizona Magic and # 9 Lively Siesta

R10  6:20
The Pole Position and a nice win at Canberra at odds brings #1 Jessica Cloud into contention. Second up from a spell #2 Rama On Ice has the draw and the class to have a big say in the result of this race. A tough run first up at Canberra as Favourite for a game 2.5 metre second brings her right into this. #3 Rescue Package has ability but I find him hard to catch. A win at Echuca in April last year and a fair placing at Albury third run from a spell sees #4 Regalramapleasure give a place chance here. #7 Denny's Laughter raced well at Cobram and Echuca recently but was outclassed at Tabcorp Park. Disappointing lasr at Albury doesn't help. Canberra raider #8 Lord Eros has won 4 of his 10 starts at Wagga and was racing well enough to be taken to Newcastle recently for a shot at better races than this. Mixes his form but has to be given a chance here. #10 Ariah Prince is the form horse in this race. Two wins, a 4th and a 2nd at his last 4 sees him in this up to his eras. Second Line is of some concern but he will definitely test them.
#2 Rama On IceSmileSmile from #10 Ariah Prince and #8 Lord Eros

R11   6:50
The fast class race of the day. Best draw for a long time for #1 Starbyebye but as an Emergency may not get a start. If he does could be worth throwing into exotics. #2 Never Walk Alone won at Bulli last star with a slow sectional. Is drawn well and has been in good form with 9 wins this prep. #3 Jesse Leon has been racing well but hasn't been able to get the better of today's opponent Scooting Armbro. Doubt if he will overcome that hoodoo here. #4 Holmencontents races well at Wagga but is first up since October and amy need the run. #5 And May I Say has been in great form locally. Won 4 from 6 here and will start close to favourite. Good win at Young by #6 Stormy Warrior at his last start brings him into consideration here but the 6 gate doesn't help. #7 Upward Ever Upward is first up since October. He's won 14 races here and has a touch of class. The 7 isn't ideal but with a nice run he will be in the firing line when the whips are cracking. #8 Quick Armbro has been in great form locally. Will go close to starting as Favourite. #9 King Caesar has been racing the likes of Coastal and The Lightning Ridge in Victoria of late. Wasn't disgarced going down by 5 metres to the former at Tabcorp Park last start. Right in this. #10 The Scorpion King has been racing the likes of Karloo Mick and Genuwine  at Harold park and Menagle. Won't be far away.
#10 The Scorpion KingSmileSmileSmile from #8 Quick Armbro and #9 King Caesar and #2 Never Walk Alone as well as #7 Upward Ever Upward in exotics.  A tough race.
Winner $4.30
Good Luck

Pretty good day all up with a heap of winners and a nice box Trifecta.
Happy with tipping performance in the 1st.

The Dude Abides
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 12:40am
Good old Lord Eros continues to amaze us.
We're amazed he's still running.....
we're amazed they accept him over 2000mts.....
we're amazed recently when we did the math eg costs v returns.....
and finally...
we are amazed he still gets us cheering and continues to give us more enjoyment than we imagined.
GO THE LORD!!!!
I don't have one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic